View Single Post
Old 12-03-2011, 06:37 PM   #146
special-K
Special Order

Re: "BIG" truck forum C/40, C/50, C/60 and the like...

I don't have any pictures,but I have seen such trucks before. I remember one I saw at the '09 Antique Truck Club of American national meet in Macungie,PA. I didn't get pictures cuz it was raining like mad. It was Woodland Green and sitting on a custom made frame,had Isuzu axles (4 wheel discs),6BT Cummins,and O/D trans. It was done to look like the factory could have built it. The bed was custom made using factory fenders and rear bumper. It even had the splash pan from up front. The guy drove it there from Ohio.
An Advance Design guy not far from me built a white one that was very nice,too. He's the NHRA safety guy around here and he's had it at some shows. His bed is custom and very nice,too. He used pipe to form the edges. It was really clean.

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote