View Single Post
Old 12-04-2011, 06:45 PM   #335
robnolimit

Re: No Limit '72 C-10

We just did a bit. Maybe the most noticable changes lately. I hate doing this stuff, (door mechanics/windows) so I tend to drag my feet a bit. It was time for some interior comfort. We put in a simple stereo - really simple. 80w amp, two 6x9's (the doors were already cut, so it seamed like the thing to do), and an input cable for an I-pod, or I-phone. It sounds good, and it only cost about $125. Next we got a door/glass install kit from Brothers Truck parts. I had a spare set of wind wings, so I rebuilt them ahead of time. As we got serious, we pulled the seat, and put a good layer of insulation down, along with a carpet kit (Brothers) Here's a note: get a carpet kit for the correct floor pan in your cab. We had to make two trips to get it right. Then new felts and rubbers in the doors, and rebuilt the O.E. cranks. Last, we painted the door panels to match the interior, and put a layer of dynomat on the inside of the doors and panels. Next will be some kick panels, and a panel for the back of the cab behind the seat. This has make a HUGE difference in the 'drive' experience. The doors shut solid, no rattles, and thecab is much quieter. I'll get some picts up next week.
2011 Truckin' Throwdown Champion
GoodGuys 2010 National Champion

Proud to put our products up against all others!
robnolimit is offline   Reply With Quote