Thread: My 88 Silverado
View Single Post
Old 12-06-2011, 03:27 PM   #19
Ricky78045

Re: My 88 Silverado

Took the truck to a friend of my dads to install the aftermarket radio back in the early 90's i think. well a friend and i had messed around with it after to install a new one but we didnt know what we had done and "patched it up" as best we could. Well I had mentioned before my wife soldered all the radio connections, and here are a few before and after shots:

Before:

After:

The radio has worked perfectly since after getting the wires soldered.
I also installed an RCA AUX cable(not pictured yet) for the old pioneer to work with my iPhone 3g(glorified ipod).
In the current sub setup(wired just not powered), I have 2 10in polk audio subs(not sure on model) and a 1000 watt jensen amp. The reason its not powered is because the amp wiring i have is 10awg(had a 300watt before) and the fuse thats close to the battery is missing. i was going to upgrade the amp wiring to power the 1000watt. anyone have experience with sub amps and wiring? lol id like not to mess up the trucks electrical system due to lack of information or improper installation, cant trust the best buy here in my city... they do horrible jobs :|

1988 Chevrolet Silverado Single Cab, Short bed, 350, 5.7L: daily driver/on a budget restoration
Ricky78045 is offline   Reply With Quote