View Single Post
Old 12-08-2011, 09:04 PM   #20
mrhino
Account Suspended

Re: Build #2 Crusader!

Finally started working on the seats. got the front bench out. 23 years of nasty dirt and funk.

under the rubber carpet. is a pretty solid floor.

Threw the front seats in, just to see how much modification its gonna take to mount these babies in. the Seats are from a 03-04 Tahoe, they are power with up n down, back n forth, pitch and yaw, plus lumbar support and heat, everything else but massage. They should be a nice addition if I can get them in. At first glance it looks pretty straight forward, but after sitting in them, you quickly discover they are way to high.

So I cut the the little tabs of the bottom of the seat bracket hoping that would do it.

after cutting the tab off they still sit a little to high. u cant get your legs under the wheel.
So I had Deb jump up in there and I measured her, then compared it to the other trucks in the driveway and I come up with the seat sitting about 1.5 inches to high.

I had taken a newer leather wraped tilt steering column from a burb in the junk yard this past summer and thought now would be a good time to throw that in before i got the seats measured out. I got it mounted up and the whole damn thing was just flopping around right at the tilt. Turns out its just four screws inside the column that work themselves loose over the years. I found a real good thread on the forum on how to tighten it up and had it done in a evening.

The column didnt come with a key so now was a good time to put in a new lock and cylinder. it looks kinda intimidating but it was fairly easy. plus now we have Delay wipers. its amazing! After we got rid of all our modern cars and trucks and went back to all this old junk. The simple things are what you miss i.e. delay wipers

Back to the seats as much as I tried to make these work, they are not going to unless I cut the floor. Deb says she wont drive it unless those seats are in there. even after begging to keep the old bench seat. Once I figure out how and where to cut the floor Ill post up some pics.

mrhino is offline   Reply With Quote