Thread: Carb/Choke Help
View Single Post
Old 12-09-2011, 01:42 PM   #1
sk8rgui

Carb/Choke Help

Hello all! Glad to have found such a useful site.

I have recently been working on rebuilding a 1982 Chevy C10 that belonged to my late grandfather. I am having an issue with the electric choke on the vehicle.

The truck originally came with a 305 and my grandfather put 350 in it. I believe that it is a car engine, but not 100% sure (from my understanding the only difference is 2 bolt vs 4 bolt to fly wheel). The truck has a 4 barrel Rochester carb with electric choke.

The choke light stays on all the time, so I unplugged the wire from it until I can figure out what is wrong. How do I tell if the choke is bad or if it is something like what is mentioned in this thread http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=123429

I would like to get this fixed soon because it runs like crap when it is cold out. It sounds like it isn't running on all cylinders, is sluggish and dies a lot. As soon as it is warm it works fine. When cold I can manually adjust the air inlet on the carb and it will run fine.

Sorry if this is a dumb question... this is my first carb vehicle. I plan to try and locate the wire it mentions in the thread above when I am off tomorrow and have a bit of available sunlight.
sk8rgui is offline   Reply With Quote