View Single Post
Old 12-11-2011, 12:10 AM   #39
yousesteers

Re: "Brown Truck" 1984 K30 Crew Cab

Well the last post will bring us up to about September I started driving the truck in July. In the middle of September after hauling about 6 or 7 tractors to town I had went home and loaded the last tractor. The next morning on the way to town I was running along on the highway and all of a sudden the truck just quit pulling. I did panic a little bit at first then down shifted to 4th and everything was fine. I knew exactly what had happened the nut had come loose on the overdirve and allowed the gear to slide back. I had to drive it for about a week with no overdrive 55mph tops. It is no big deal to fix this issue takes about 3 hours. I had to drop the transfercase and pull the aluminum housing off of the rear of the transmission. Mine already had an aftermarket nut there are several "solutions" to the nut coming loose I think the person that had installed the aftermarket nut had not used any lock tight so I lock tighted it really good and let that dry over night, put it al back together and all was fine again.
1966 IH Scout has been a work in progress for 16 yrs
yousesteers is offline   Reply With Quote