View Single Post
Old 12-11-2011, 07:22 PM   #32
mrhino
Account Suspended

Re: Build #2 Crusader!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrhino View Post
So deb sends me a link to a craigslist add for a 71 shortbed that looks pretty decent and says we should go look at it. Does she not know Im a little busy! she also know I have a weakness for those old 67-72's like some people and lost dogs I feel the need to rescue and save everyone I come across. So i called the guy and im going to take a look today. If I get this thing Im gonna have to abandon my little 86 c/10 shortbed project. Ill let you guys know how it comes out
I looked at the 71, man was it bad. The guy tells me it was 1 of 26 trucks that were in a estate sale and this was one of the few that didnt sell. that in itself should have raised a red flag for me. Anyway this thing was bad, not a usable piece on it. He wanted a grand for it. Even the chassis had tons of rust holes in it. The whole roof was rotted out, and if that wasn't bad enough it was full of old nasty spray foam. Can somebody tell me what is the purpose of the spray foam? what are people trying to accomplish by doing that? Oh well, I didnt need another project at the moment any who.

We got back on the truck today, me and the youngster tore apart both sides of the front end. Im going to change ball joints, tie-rods, brake hoses, shocks, springs, and etc. I was going to change control arm bushing too but they feel pretty good the PO must have had everything greased regularly. like your suppose too.
Attached Images

mrhino is offline   Reply With Quote