Thread: opinions PLEASE
View Single Post
Old 12-12-2011, 10:01 PM   #12
1sik7t2
dave

Re: opinions PLEASE

yeah he's asking 500, i offered 300...both seats are vinyl bench (i need 1) good bumpers. has hitch, all door panels all steel and good,,has a second tank owner added behind rear seat..eeehh...not sure on tilt, has no tach, no headliner. not sure about ac.....uuuummm...we have a big swap meet in feb comin up so id have a place to part it at, that part would be good...decisions, decisions

Quote:
Originally Posted by vectorit View Post
68 burbs didn't have much for special options, not unlike the later models like a 1972.

The 307 was the lower end of the v8 option list, and as well for the 3 on the tree transmission.

The the front axle will be closed knuckle if original, and if you plan to build this rig that is a hefty upgrade to go to disc. By the time you factor in gears, hubs, the axle assembly, and the labor to put it all together and install it.

The seats are the only really cushy upgrade item for the 67/68's, from plain vinyl to the cloth and vinyl option. Plus getting all 3 benches was an upgrade option.

A lot of the AC options were aftermarket dealer installed units.

Tow hooks were an option.

Larger or twin fuel tanks were a dealer installed option for the most part.

Tinted glass was optional as well.

Padded vinyl door panels were part of the "Custom" package, which a lot of the times included the cloth/vinyl seats.

Many of the other "optional" things later became standard after 1968.