View Single Post
Old 12-13-2011, 10:31 PM   #129
McMurphy

Re: Not Another Rebuild Thread....

Quote:
Originally Posted by 66ChevyMax View Post
Nice work McMurphy, you have my respect for braving an Alaska winter. I had a friend that was in the Air Force and was stationed there for a few years. He told stories of putting the kids to bed and then playing 18 holes of golf (IN DAYLIGHT).
Keep up the good work
There are certainly some stories to be had up here for both ends of the year with the -60 degrees in winter and the 24 hours of day light in the summer! We just turned our first of three years up here this weekend on the 10th. After this we are hoping to get Germany, Hawaii, or Ft Lewis up in Washington state!

Quote:
Thanks for the extra pics!! Those gaps dont look too bad at all to me. I set the door gaps on my door using a paint stirring stick. Ill have to get my cab flipped back over and doors back on and check mine. If I remember correctly mine was kinda tight fit around the side drip rail. So maybe I can remove mine and it will be fine. That filler rod seems like alot of work to finish it out, but I may be wrong, would like to see one finished and how it was done. Good luck on yours, thanks for the pics.
No problem on the pics, happy to be of some help instead of just sponging wisdom and ideas off you guys!!

Quote:
looks good ,just wondering do you think re moving the drip rail will increase wind noise in the cab......... come to think about who cares thats why they make flow masters and loud music
I am counting on new seals all around to eliminate wind noise. If that dont do the trick then I guess I could always just caulk the doors shut and climb in and out of the window like a race car.....
Yeah just kidding

Loud music definately!!
If you look at my Tempest I dropped a 460w amp to push 8 speakers into it. I can get loud, but clarity was my goal, especially in a convertible. When you sit in the back seat of that car you feel like you are IN the band! So since day one with this rig, the music has always been lurking.... waiting for its turn... laughing at my debit card for the carnage to come....

Thanks for looking guys!
Time to build some positive faction with the F.L.O. (freekin loved one)

My 66 Stepside
My 64 Tow Truck
My 66 Tempest

Table Of Contents Added to Page1
McMurphy is offline   Reply With Quote