View Single Post
Old 12-14-2011, 07:53 AM   #45
WAAF
Account Suspended

Re: looking for info on quality audio w/o braking bank

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris mc bride View Post
No problem with boston ,love molly hatchet Im always flirting with disaster and find it at times.Lots of Kiss hey you forgot Nickleback got to love any band that has that much oral adiction.Matter of fact most your suggestions are in my cd case. so what is a non sub amp and whats headroom,pretty sure i can't walk upright thru truck only 45" hight.
the amps you are running the other speakers off if..
headroom is the amps ability to have a little extra power to give that dynamic live punch..
like the who's who are you when the guitar hit.. you want that amp to have the reserve power avil. to play those note at the same db difference that it was recorded with.. amps that don't have that reserve will play the notes but it'll not hit you.. like that windmill riff was recorded with..
most good amps have enough.. some are better than others..
rockfordfosgate didn't pick the name punch for nothing.. (note no idea on their newer stuff )
most people with a big sub amp run a cap (capacitor) 1/2 farad or more..(fared is its rating)
I've found that wiring a 1/2 fared cap to the full range amps (non sub) really help with the dynamic range punch as the amp needs the electric power to use that headroom..
but thats something you can add later if needed, your 65 amp alt isn't gonna cut it with 3 amps in the back,, just an fyi..
WAAF is offline   Reply With Quote