View Single Post
Old 12-17-2011, 10:00 AM   #33
special-K
Special Order

Re: Think I finely have the right tire size combo!!!

I like as tall a tire as will fit. Gotta fill them wells up and I mean front to back as much as top. To me it's the look of the 60s and 70s and Stepsides were king back then before all the car guys turned to trucks. I've always liked both and to this day keep pondering doing my '67 project as a Fenderside. My original plan was one of each. The Fenderside was going to be pro-street and the Wideside more built more hiway friendly for travelin' long trips and daily driving. That's my story and I'm stickin' to it. Your story is a good one. I've always understood that 3" spring drop is the limit to align right. That's 5 1/2" front drop combined with spindles. That is low for static,but you just drive it slow like it's low and you're good to go!

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote