View Single Post
Old 12-20-2011, 02:04 AM   #447
mosesburb
I had a V-8

Re: The Story Of A Cummins Suburban (Lots Of Pics)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hgs_notes View Post
Nice. I had BFG AT's on a 1989 Toyota xtra cab and they worked great for us. Except in gooey mud, but not much works good in that.

We used these on my wifes 99 suburban and I have to say, they were the best tire I ever had for snow on a truck. I've got blizzaks on my car.
http://www.bridgestonetire.com/tires...productID=1055
I think these tires would do ok, but I'm thinking the deck was stacked against them in this instance. I was pulling a pretty decent grade 8-10% on snow that had packed, melted and re-froze and the road was banked toward the hill that I kept sliding towards. It was too much at one time for them. Maybe the Blizztecs would have done it, but I'm doubting it. Some people passed me after I backed out on a Ranger or Rhino and they had a bit of a go keeping it on the trail right there too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dieselwrencher View Post
Awesome side trip, and you can have all our snow this year!
Thanks!! No, you need the snow where you are at. I appreciate the offer though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1985-GMC View Post
Awesome! It looks like fun!

Hey where's the bow tie for the front of your burb?
It was a hoot. I think I threw the bowtie away. It had the chrome silhouette on it when I got it but the blue inner piece was gone. I like the clean egg-crate grille so I took it off and blacked out the mounting tabs so they don't stand out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowrollin70gmc View Post
That looked like fun, I remember seeing snow at the higher elevations when I was on the 40 late last week and your boy has the best way to test gravity!

I just put Goodyear Duratrac's on my 68 but it's going to be buried in snow instead of driving in it this year, but I have a feeling they'll work out better than the all terrains. Anyways, here's my build thread so you can see how much more detailed yours is compared to my three week thrash.

The Dakota Cadillac Build Thread
It was fun--especially for my boy. Good start on the thread there.