Thread: Birth of a C10
View Single Post
Old 12-26-2011, 08:34 PM   #80
losthope

Re: Birth of a C10

Another update!

Didnt get alot done since the holidays are here but did remembered to grab my smoking pipe while i was at my dads house on Christmas and he also gave me one of his many dash compass's he has:

And i did make it out to the local pick-n-pull and while snooping around picked up some small stuff,the previous owner took the front clip apart but never put all the bolts back in so i snagged some off a couple diffrent 60-66's trucks, then i found a washer bottle and bracket on a gmc , then pulled some jeep door checks/stops, and last thing i grabbed was a window gun rack:

while the washer bottle bracket and gun rack paint was drying i installed the Jeep Cherokee door checks, i used the front door checks because they have a shorter throw then the rear ones, or the stock ones so they help from getting the door dents(smiley face's) and will hold the truck door open on a hill but the front jeep checks have the double postion bumps and i didnt want the first position at all so i ground the first bump off:

Here you can see how the front jeep checks hold the door back from getting a dent you can see the difference with the existing dent from when the stock ones were in:

when i was done with that i bolted the washer bottle on:

last thing i did was cut down the gun rack and drill new mounting holes and mounted it:

Since here in California i dont think its legal to drive around with my shotgun in the window i just put my trusty baseball bat in and will use the top of the rack for my fishing pole

"What that grinding noise?Don't worry about that it will eventually clearance itself!"

1966 chevy c10 Build Thread:http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=485977

1954 ford customline
H.A.M.B 54 Build Thread:http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/s...d.php?t=622142
losthope is offline   Reply With Quote