View Single Post
Old 12-27-2011, 08:40 PM   #136
McMurphy

Re: Not Another Rebuild Thread....

Even though I was on call for the hospital this Christmas weekend, I still got some stuff done.

Friday before I was called in, I got a replacement p-side cab corner....more to follow on that.
While I was fighting the donor rig for that, my lovely wife was yanking a bench seat from a 92 Bronco for me that totally fits the bill. Split folding back, head rests, and seatbelt ready! Yay wife !!!
I am glad she had fun doing it, since not only was it sorta chilly out there in 12" of fresh powder snow, but it was our 14th wedding anniversary too!!

Then the rest of the weekend between getting called in for surgical cases, I worked on the grill face of the truck. I filled in the frame cuts/wells in the bottom for a smooth and continuous body line, (I have already cut the frame where the front bumper mounts to accomdate this mod) and I cut out some nasty dents and replaced those with donors from a spare face I have.
The frame wells didnt turn out as good as I hoped, but given my skill level I am not going to cry about it. If they bother me too much I can just cut them out again and do over....
The areas I cut the dents out of though, I am surprised how well they lined up. I may actually get the hang of this welding gig!!

Pic #1 is my wife being the awesome gal she is having fun in a frozen bone yard
#2,3,and 4 is my metal working mishaps.
Attached Images

My 66 Stepside
My 64 Tow Truck
My 66 Tempest

Table Of Contents Added to Page1
McMurphy is offline   Reply With Quote