View Single Post
Old 12-29-2011, 12:41 AM   #98
C/10 King

Re: Patina, patina, patina.....70' swb

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcbassin View Post
Your new addition looks great with the rallies. Couple of questions about this ride.
How is the rust or lack of? It looks like the rockers aren't even rusted.
How is the market for solid trucks like this in Cali? I know you know where all of them are obviously. Trucks like this are impossible to find around here. I would love to have an original "patina" ride like this. And yes a 69 or 70 model.....They can't possibly cost as much as a frame off build. Plus you get to drive them as soon as safe to hit the road.
Thanks Mike, the 70' overall is in very good shape what I can tell, the rockers are nice I unfortunately can't pull out the mat without destroying it I haven't pulled the seat out yet, but I plan on doing that tomorrow so I'll have more of an idea, I really think that I'm safe inside the cab, in the bed there is some surface rust with the front/header area being a little worse and a very small area under the typical front fender. The market is great for factory painted trucks and the stocker the better!!! Patina is easy maintenance just wipe the chrome clean the windows, white walls and cruise.
Attached Images

1971 Short Fleet
1970 Jimmy Custom 2 WD "Golden Ticket"
1972 Blazer 2 WD "Retro Blaze"
C/10 King is offline   Reply With Quote