View Single Post
Old 01-01-2012, 06:05 PM   #168
McMurphy

Re: Not Another Rebuild Thread....

Quote:
Originally Posted by 57truckguy View Post
Hey sarge,, good looking art,, I'm about as artistick as a bowling ball.. LOL But I do work good with my hands. Ha Ha When I was beginning to weld up the holes in my firewall was on a local contraction site and pick up a couple dozen plugs from the electrical boxes that the electrications were throwing around. With a little fileing several of them fit perfect and saved alot of cutting and )(*()*)*. if you know what I mean..
Yeah, I welded up some holes on my d-side door last night. Not a fun process by any stretch.
There is a welding shop here that lets me rummage thru their scrap dumpster for odds and ends and all they charge me is a couple dozen doughnuts from time to time. I think I am going to pop in there Tuesday on my way to work and see if they have an Iron Worker machine that punches holes and if I can get the plugs from it.

Quote:
its looking good man nice work!!!! btw have fun on that floor...im in the works of doing mine right now and im not having fun..lol
Thanks Coulter, I just ordered my patch parts today, hopefully they will be here in time for next weekend. I ordered both cab corners, floor pans, and complete rocker panels for each side.

Quote:
i like the filler pieces you did on the grille panel, i thought of doing that myself!
Chad, I fabbed and put in the last of my grill mount modifications yesterday. It doesnt look like much right now, but when the paint goes on, you will see a huge change in the look of the face of the truck for it. I mounted it on the radiator core support and up onto the frame for you to see what I have done.

What I would not give for an anvil though!
You guys would laugh I think if you saw what I am using to fab my parts with!

#1 The spot I plan to fill.
#2 The part I made to fill it, roughed in.
#3 After tack welding in from both sides
#4 finished and mounted on the truck
#5 attempt at a perspective shot to show how flush it set.
Attached Images

My 66 Stepside
My 64 Tow Truck
My 66 Tempest

Table Of Contents Added to Page1
McMurphy is offline   Reply With Quote