View Single Post
Old 01-01-2012, 11:05 PM   #1
Low Elco

Project Little Black Truck

I used to have a show-worthy 85 stepper that I've missed since I sold it in 94, and have always kinda wanted another. A neighbor came up with this one a couple of years ago, and I really liked it. He eventually sold it to his brother, and I thought it lost. About a month and a half ago, the neighbor's kid told me it was up on the block, as his uncle was in a jam and needed cash. I bought it 2 days before Thanksgiving for $1200. It's an 87 swb, 350 tbi/t350, ps, pb, pw, pl, tilt, cruise, ac. It was a tad messy when we got it-

Name:  IMG_0001.jpg
Views: 4747
Size:  66.4 KB

Then we cleaned it up a tad-

Name:  IMG_2056.jpg
Views: 4464
Size:  59.9 KB

Name:  IMG_2058.jpg
Views: 4490
Size:  76.3 KB

Name:  IMG_2059.jpg
Views: 4515
Size:  54.4 KB

Now we're gathering parts. So far, we've fixed the bad battery cable, got the heat working corrrectly, taken the crummy steering wheel and shift knob out, installed a stereo and scraped the rebel flag off the back window. It runs real good, and we enjoy bombing around in it.
I've been junking for parts, and have collected some trim parts, the serpentine front drive and all related parts off of a 90 sub, drop spindles ($40 in a salvage!), inner fenders, a front spoiler, and a 1 1/4 sway bar. I got the new rockers and cab corners for christmas. It'll be a while till we really get going, but it'll be fun when we do!
Low Elco is offline   Reply With Quote