View Single Post
Old 01-03-2012, 01:47 AM   #79
WIDESIDE72

Re: New Project 1955 1st series 5 window 3100 S10 frame swap

I planned to do the whole swap but my wife and I had a baby in April, so priorities change.

The original 55 running gear has been sold.

About a year ago, I purchased a swap kit from EZ Chassis Swaps to put the 55 body on a 1985 S10 LWB running gear. I paid around $1700 for the kit. The bed and cab mounts are tacked welded to the frame and need to be finish welded. I have the parts to use the S10 steering column and power brake booster.

http://www.e-zchassisswaps.com/1954.htm

I have swapped out the stock S10 2wd rear axle for a wider S10 4x4 rear axle per the kit for more room for tires. have also cleaned and painted the frame except for the front area under the engine area. It is cleaned but not painted. The kit includes mounts to run a SBC and auto trans. I have a non tilt clumn out of the 85 S10.

I have the unique to 55 bed with flat bed sides, unlike the pre 55 bed sides that are on a 45 degree angle.

The unique 55 1st series stainless steel front hood emblem (which a reproduction of is not currently available) is in nice shape.
I have a pair of very nice original 1955 3100 original hood side eblems as well.

The truck needs the cab corners and floorboards replaced. I have the floor patch panels ( paid $300) and cab corners (paid $100)

The front fenders and lower cowl on both sides need patch panels. I have not bought these yet.

The dash has not been cut for a radio or otherwise. The original 55 gauges are in the dash, working condition unknown.

I have a line on a pair of painted reproduction front and rear bumpers that the owner is replacing with chrome units. THe contact info for these bumpers will be passed on to the new owner.

There is no significant rust to repair other than the floor pans and cab corners

I decided to use the LT1 and 4L60E in a 91 Olds Custom Cruiser wagon. There is no engine, transmission or wiring included in the sale.

The slot mags are the wrong offset and rub the bed. They WILL NOT be included in the sale.

I also bought the following good used parts that are included:

front splash apron (paid $100)
grille (paid $100)
radio delete plate (paid $20)
55 only hood side emblems (paid $50)
driver side rear fender with no spare cut out needs work (paid $50)

I am not in dire need of money, so I am firm on my price. I am only breaking even at the price I am asking and will not go lower. Don't bother asking.

I have a clear title to the 55 truck. There is no title available for the S10 running gear.
WIDESIDE72 is offline   Reply With Quote