View Single Post
Old 01-06-2012, 02:44 AM   #20
VA72C10
VA72C10

Re: Classic Industries vs LMT

Quote:
Originally Posted by blkcorvair View Post
This is correct. I try to find who I feel or have heard has a better reproduction part. When it seems they are all the same I go for the better deal. LMC altogether tho doesnt have a clue what manufacture they are selling if you call and ask about a specific part.
This is the way I buy. Shop for the best deal at a place I trust....

The issue with LMC is as mentioned....they sell some really nice stuff....sometimes...but other times it can be junk. For example...if you ordered a lower molding set...one time it could be Mark-K for less than mark-k sells it for....but next time it could be corvex that doesn't fit correctly...

I think a lot of people like LMC because of their past reputation...they used to actually sell a lot of NOS parts in their catalogs for repop prices and had set up agreements with people like CSM and Jerry brown to make some nice parts for them....but as they got bigger and the NOS supply dried up this is no longer the case and they use mainly the cheapest imported parts they can get their hands on....unless there is a back order on those...and then you might be a lucky one to receive some really nice parts for a reasonable price