View Single Post
Old 01-08-2012, 09:43 AM   #113
special-K
Special Order

Re: GMC Trim Levels Q?

Quote:
Originally Posted by leh72super1500 View Post
Steering Column and dash pad are black with black bezel and glove box door. No, chrome bumpers are not listed on the SPID but the truck has it so probably installed be a PO. However the truck is fairly well optioned with other bright stuff such as SS mirrors door edge guards, moldings roof lamps etc. so I have a hard time imagining that it would have come with painted bumpers and painted hubcaps. I am now stripping and restoring the wood grain on the moldings. When I take the old stuff off it is like brand new under the old wood grain. So i'm thinking it came that way from the factory or a PO installed the moldings with the wood grain in some previous restoration. I do prefer originality in these trucks, but these extra options make it even nicer so I will not be taking them off.

If only these old trucks could talk.

Here are a few more pics.

Thanks
I wonder what's original and what's changed/added on your truck. To me that SPID doesn't look quite right,like an original. I could be wrong,but the font and even the order options are listed just looks off to me. I see the wheelbase isn't typed in...maybe not so unusual. When the truck was repainted they painted the area under the trim on the tailgate blue rather than white,which leads me to believe whoever did the truck just made it suit their taste.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sport/Truck View Post
What determines what side marker lights come on our trucks? Does this also determin if you get the chrome around the gas pedal?
Good question. Yes,the deluxe markers and fancy pedals were only on CST/Cheyenne/Cheyenne Super Chevys,so I believe GMCs were Super Custom through '71 and Sierra/Sierra Grande in '72. Or,is that different,too?

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~

Last edited by special-K; 01-08-2012 at 03:35 PM.
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote