View Single Post
Old 01-08-2012, 02:05 PM   #661
jghall

Re: How about some pics of "4x4" Blazers, Jimmy's & Burbs?

Here are a few pics of my '81' K5... Picked up this super straight, all original 81 K5 Blazer Silverado about 6 months ago... I looked for a long time to find one this original and clean... It is a verified 2 owner truck, bought by the dad new, and sold to the daughter who has been driving it daily for 19 years... Im planning on leaving it stock, and driving it... This is my daily driver/camping/trout fishing vehicle... The motor is a documented 6 year old Mr Goodwrench crate 350, and Turbo 350 trans with 91,000 Miles... The engine and trans were installed by a local chevy dealer (receipts were included)... Since I purchased it, I have installed the following, new radiator, starter, alternator, full A/C conversion to R134 all new parts (dryer, condenser, etc), full tune up, all fluids and filters changed, new belts and hoses, it had a bad rear drive shaft U joint and a couple that were un-greaseable and questionable ones so i replaced them all, new fuel tank and sending unit (old tank developed a hairline crack and fuel gauge did not work), and new tires (32x11.50's)... There are a few cosmetic interior thing that I will get to eventually... Has factory 12 bolt rearend, with 373 gears, fold n tumble rear seat, power windows, door locks, power rear window (which works), tilt, cruise (doesnt work), Factory rear roll bar, delay wipers, factory clock (works), engine and trans oil coolers, its loaded... There is very, very, very little rust (this has been a Georgia truck all it life), and its confined to the infamous passenger floorboards which only have a couple pencil eraser sized spots, everything else is solid... The paint job is about 10 years old and faded, the seats are in great shape (I suspect new seat covers were installed at one point in its life), and the interior overall is complete, solid and in great shape... Here are a few shots...

jghall is offline   Reply With Quote