View Single Post
Old 01-10-2012, 11:50 AM   #6
aventur1

Re: ? About swapping frames..

Also for our Idaho truck owners:
I bought my truck in Oregon, it did have a title but my door jam vin was missing so I had DMV look at the frame s/n when I went to register. Well the s/n on the frame does not show the first several letters/numbers, as in KE1 which I told them means only that its a 4x4, V8, 1/2 ton and they could see thats what it was, even though the Oregon titled showed all the letters/number they did not want to accept it. Since I had no spid, I ordered one here from a board member with actual letters and numbers off Oregon title and what matched the frame numbers and stuck it in the glove box door. My truck is titled a 68 but I do believe I have a 67 cab, yet I do have a low s/n last of vin number is 72 of first 68s produced. Anyway took it to DMV they looked at the spid and said ok, no problem...also cost me $23 to have DMV make a vin tag and they installed it on my door. Not original looking but a vin plate and they rivited on door jam issued by Idaho. I did locate a company back East who makes original vin plates, but at a cost of $250.00 and additional $24 for original pop rivits, at this point seemed to much to pay so went with Idaho vin. I suppose you just need to look at your state and see what they want..good luck, theres ways of doing it and still be legal.
aventur1 is offline   Reply With Quote