View Single Post
Old 01-14-2012, 11:09 AM   #224
Mattman2010

Re: 85 GMC Sierra Classic 1 Ton Crew Cab

I've decided to keep the project, so I dove back into it again yesterday. First thing was fixing my steering box. It blew a seal and so i fixed that but for some reason the seal has already popped again so I am going to just get a new steering box.

I also have decided that 6 tires is just to much. So I took the bed off and slapped some singles on the back. Yes I am using a dually axle with singles on it, the rear tires I believe the rear axle is 3 inches total wider than the front, so about 1.5 on each side. I dont like how the rear tires tuck under the bed and the front ones stick out so this should hopefully stick them out and make it look better in my opinion. I dropped my good SRW long bed, but I am going to see if I cant bend the parts that are folded in close to where they need to be for now and then maybe find a whole new bed or a good bed side.

I was out seeing if I could tell a difference with the singles. I guess it helps not having the bed on so it road smoother and I decided to do some flexing.

So sunday I am hoping to get a new steering box and get the bed on. Then put my dynamat in the truck and get some heat in it finally.

1984 K30 CC Dually - "The Tank"
12V Cummins/Nv4500/Np205/D60/D70HD 4" lift & 37's
Build Thread

1960 C-60 Dump Truck
Make it road worthy!
Thread
Mattman2010 is offline   Reply With Quote