View Single Post
Old 01-14-2012, 08:04 PM   #107
jaros44sr

Re: Parting a complete 1971 Blazer 4x4

[quote=jeffg1010;5122552]
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaros44sr View Post

I just messaged the guy who had dibs on the brackets to see if he still wants them. Would you want JUST the seat minus brackets if he wants the brackets?

There is a greyhound station in Beckley (i think it's still there). The seat that is in good shape is the passenger seat. I'd like to get $50 for it -minus the bracket, ($75 with the bracket), but I have no idea what the shipping would be. I am sure it would be quite a bit cheaper minus the bracket.

Where are the reinforcement plates on the back of the door? Are they in the door or the door jamb? I am sure they are still there.
Jeff, i would interested in just the seat. If you cut the hog rings on the bottom side flap vynil, you will have access to the mounting screws toremove the back. You can now ship it in two pieces. Soak the scews with PB Powerblaster for a couple days, if you cant get them out, just drill the phillips head, and ill deal with them

The reinforcement plate is located at the back of the door, by the closer. Dont drill the spot welds, just cut it larger with a sawsall. About a 1/2 " Larger on all sides

All parts offered to help are free, unless otherwise noted

Dont try this stuff in my build thread, unless you have 55 years of mechanical OTJ training
SAFETY FIRST

AS usual, off topic

They say your mind goes second, can't remember the first

Jim
jaros44sr is offline   Reply With Quote