View Single Post
Old 01-15-2012, 12:10 AM   #3
69c10stepside
Large Member

Re: My 1972 Chevy shortwide build REDUX

No interior pictures as of yet, don't have everything exactly figured out as to what I am going to keep/move to the other cab yet.

Started this thing up today to move it up to the shop for I could finish my serpentine bracket install when it decided to die right in the middle of me backing up. Started it up again, died again. It did this three or four times to me. Finally decided to get out and see if I could notice anything, and I there was a hint of gas in the air. I took the air cleaner off and noticed it was a bit damp. I just left the air cleaner off for I could see what was going on. Got back in, turned it over to get it to start, pumped the gas a bit, and then I seen a jet of gas shoot straight up in the air out of the carb.

Called my dad and he figured some trash got stuck in the carb (there wasn't a filter on the pickup when I got it, in the fuel line or the inlet on the carb).

So, today I pulled the carb/intake and put on a summit brand carb and older edelbrock intake on that I had laying around to get past the issue with the trash in the carb. Took about four hours and I was able to get the rest of the serpentine brackets on, everything done other then plumbing in the power steering.

Went from this:

To this (not all done yet, got dark and had to go into work!!)

1972 Gmc Jimmy

1972 Chevy C10 SWB Sold

Last edited by 69c10stepside; 01-15-2012 at 12:14 AM. Reason: images
69c10stepside is offline   Reply With Quote