View Single Post
Old 01-16-2012, 01:56 PM   #19
jocko

Re: I thought this was a pretty cool find (72 Cheyenne Super shortwide big block)....

it's for sale in NV though... that's just a hop, skip, and a jump, right?

lolife and vwbeamer - I agree kinda high for any given truck in this condition - but, to me, 90% of the price for this truck is the rarity and the originality. Yes, it would take about $10-15K to get it fully restored. Would it be worth more than the $12K selling price (or whatever he settles on) PLUS the, let's say, $12.5K resto price - I'd submit yes. Fully restored big block cheyenne super with all orig numbers matching like this would easily sell for more than $24.5K I believe. But I had the same reservations - lotsa work to be done to it (good point about the seat, but I believe the mileage is legit - over to the buyer though). Personally, I'd be happy with a 350! but this one caught my eye. Really tempted to buy it just for a future project - but with all the moves in between now and the time I'd get to it, I'd have another $3-4.5K in it in shipping costs (2-3 moves, maybe) before I even took a can of wax to it. Crimeny. I'll bet someone on here is calling on it already!!! I hope so - wanted you all to see this, I thought it was interesting - no, it's not a steal by any stretch, that's for sure, but if you have your heart set on an original, low mileage big block cheyenne super - this is something that will get your attention! As such, probably a fair price. Like they say, it's only worth what someone is willing to pay for it.

I'd say a couple cans of ether and send it to Barrett Jackson as is - some knucklehead will pay $50K for it there...

EDIT - sameyrasmea, this made me think of YOUR truck!!
jocko is offline   Reply With Quote