View Single Post
Old 01-17-2012, 10:50 AM   #6
Hook'em

Re: Advice on selling...

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowdownstar View Post
some times it's hard to say why things don't sell, and you guys know how the market goes. One week it's up the next record low, i think it's the same with everything. I only buy die cast knowing i'll never sell or try to make money with them, if someday after i'm gone my kids don't keep them, i hope they get something for them, but like i told them, don't bank on it! I think it's the same with our trucks don't buy one to make money with it buy one to enjoy and have fun with. Keep your diecast and enjoy them, they are not worth selling. Just my 2cents

good luck either way

Ray
I agree. I bought duplicates (or triplicates) of many of our trucks and blazers thinking I really needed one to open and one to keep in the package. I have since decided to use display cases for the open diecasts. Now I have many duplicates in packages which I really don't need or want, but for me it is too much hassle to try to sell them. I'll trade them if I can and I have contacted board members who are looking for certain ones, but I don't see making a concerted effort to try to sell them.

Robert (90/87 Formula) has done pretty well at selling diecasts on in the classifieds, but he sells them at very reasonable prices including shipping.