View Single Post
Old 01-20-2012, 01:07 PM   #231
sgaylord
Project collector

Re: Project "Jezebel"

Quote:
VA72C10
Great progress....and wow...that patch was WAAAY off...nice work getting it fixed!
Thanks, I know it's hard to make perfect repop parts but it just kills me knowing how long TriPlus has been doing business that they have not worked their QA out.

Quote:
67cheby
nice job on "fixing" it !
01-18-2012 05:53 PM
Thanks Cheby

Quote:
mcbassin
Very nice work on the fender cup Steve. It's hard to believe how far off that was. I am just getting into some rust repair on mine. So far my biggest complaints, they use thinner metal than the original. The cab supports were quite a bit thinner and they don't remotely fit like the originals. I'm not sure it wouldn't be faster if I had a shear, brake and forming equipment to make some of the panels. Basically you have to re-shape them all but some are worse than others. I'm looking forward to updates on this one for sure. One of my favorites.

Oh yeah, how bout the tide? Congrats!
Thanks Mike for the compliments on the work and the Tide!

One thing I have learned, you may already know this, but when you go to weld two pieces of metal together of different thicknesses, start the weld on the thicker piece. I have found that this helps me from burning through and get to get full weld penetration.

Quote:
fakerwade
Looking great!!! I learn a lot on this thread!! Keep up the good work (and pics!).
Thanks Wade, will do.

Steve

2020 GMC 3500 Denali Duramax
2016 Harley Street Glide CVO

Roll Tide!
sgaylord is offline   Reply With Quote