Re: my 65 fleetside build

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nobby View Post
Looks real good
thanks nobby, really appreciate the kind words
Quote:
Originally Posted by McMurphy View Post
Man that is looking fantastic!

Next month, the week of Valentines I am pulling a marathon in the garage. I am subletting my neighbors half of the garage, pulling that '85 Sierra in, and stripping it down.
I mention this, because now I am going to look at the accelerator on it, and if it is a cable I will probably yank it too.
That looks like a great idea on yours so of course I am going to have to see about copying it!!
thanks McMurphy,not sure how the accelerator works on the square trucks should be simliar though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan's Classic View Post
Your not wasting any time. Yes Slick Sand is thick as you well know by now.
i bought ma a cheap 2.5 gun off ebay to spray with and its still thic cant get but maybe a 5 or 6 inch pattern out of it, might be you get what you pay for also.
Quote:
Originally Posted by McMurphy View Post
Can you brush Slick Sand on, or does it have to be sprayed?
I only have a 33gal Craftsman air compressor, and I am not sure if it is big enough to warrent the purchase of a spray gun.
I am also thinking I have to order Slick Sand, I have not seen anything close to it in the autoparts shops around here.
Or should I be calling paint stores like Sherwin Williams?
not sure if you could brush it on or not, it would more than likely be to thick and crack, i had to order mine online but now i have our local parts store checking into carrying it.
flips72 is offline   Reply With Quote