View Single Post
Old 01-23-2012, 01:01 PM   #7
special-K
Special Order

Re: Been extremely dissapointed with mail order parts suppliers for this project

I'm sorry you are having such an awful time with something you should be enjoying. Personally,I think because of computers people have come to expect too much. All I know is I've never ordered anything online and have never had a problem. I have never ordered a part where I didn't talk to anybody and I have never had any surprises. Most vendors are small time businesses,and many are side businesses born of the owners being enthusiasts. And,those are the ones I deal with. I also don't have a deadline. At least not a short term one where a week makes a difference. This ain't no TV show....LOL! I have been mail ordering since the '70s and it is a fabulous resource and I always enjoy working on trucks. I guess I'm glad I'm a bit stuck in the past.Seems like a better place the more time goes by

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote