View Single Post
Old 01-29-2012, 08:00 PM   #94
xpickup

Re: 1948 Chevy / S10

I had about a half day to work on it today and got a lot done. I first started out bolting my spare grill and radiator/latch cover on and then welded a cross tube across the frame. Then set in the radiator support I made and cut the uprights that hold it at the level I wanted. Then welded on the fender tabs. I still have to make the inner fender braces. My buddy does not have the factory ones so I will make them like I did on the 54 I did. The next thing I did was cut and weld a tube in under the dash to tie the steering column in better and that also ties in to the brake booster recess so there is not flexing when you push on the brakes. Then I mounted the steering column but I have to make a spacer for the column. My buddy ordered a 2 1/4" column drop but the column is 2". So I will just turn one up on a lathe at work. There is the time when working in a machine shop really pays off. I still have some work on the brake pedal unit but it will be done this week. Then back on the panel truck soon.

Shannon
Attached Images

xpickup is offline   Reply With Quote