View Single Post
Old 02-02-2012, 11:27 PM   #11
Classic Bowties
Always on the hunt...

Re: Are the Big block motor mounts being made new????

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaTcheTmasTer View Post
Mel, thanks for the info. My local parts house can't find anything in their system for either style. Do you know who makes the mounts you listed? Are they made by Anchor?
Have your parts guy look up anchor #349, that is what I have used in the past with the 72 BBC tower/clamshell setup. With everthing being globally sourced these days its somewhat tough finding a decent motor mount at your local parts house. To the best of my knowledge, the only source for the earlier 68-71 BBC type would be your 67-72 truck specific catalogs or the 67-72 specific parts suppliers as I had listed above in post #4.

Quote:
Originally Posted by prostreetC-10 View Post
I'm guessing they don't make the early "stands" for the BBCs which is why we get a fortune for them used.
Up until recently, the 68-71 BBC left & right towers/frame stands were both available at GM. Now they only have the RH side #954 available at $107. list for just the one side. After years of collecting, I have three sets of the #953/#954 GM NO$ 68-71 BBC towers and five of the GM NO$ 68-71 BBC #697 mount/bushing/spacer/bolt kits ratholed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by too much stuff View Post
Nigel, the stands you have pictured in post 5 are for a 72 with 402 big block. 454 was not available in these year trucks. 68-69 had 396 and 70-72 had 402. Those stands pictured in post 5 are 1972 402 only. 68-71 used the old style mounts. Hope this didn't confuse anyone...
Good info there Eric, I just seen your above linked BBC motor mount Id/picture thread and noticed you left out or never mentioned the early P-series towers that look alot like the 72 C10/20/30 BBC tower & clamshell setup. You should add them in there as I know of a few people on this site that got burned on them thinking that they were the real deal 72 BBC C-series setup. Mel
Classic Bowties is offline   Reply With Quote