View Single Post
Old 02-07-2012, 09:01 AM   #388
special-K
Special Order

Re: Whose on Steelies? Post 'em up!

Stock steel dual wheels have always been referred to as "Budd" wheels. They may be made by Kelsey Hayes or anyone else,but it's like calling all colas "Coke",if you know what I mean. Budd must have been the first or biggest company to make solid steel disc wheels for dual wheel trucks.

Hey,we're all here to have fun. I don't want to spoil the party or come across like Professor Trucksworth or anything. But,those of us who've been around a while learned what we know from those before us when we were fresh into things,and if the word doesn't get passed down then it gets lost. I don't care what wheels anyone shows as long as they know what it is. Many threads get started asking to see a particular thing and there ends up with "not exactly what you asked for,but..." It's all good.
Basically,the rules changed from tradition in '88 with trucks to where there is no standard for wheels. Everything is styled steel or styled alloy.
First to last...
*Traditional OEM type or "steelie",accepts hubcaps
*Rallye,accepts center cap
*88+ styled steel,accepts center cap. Crossover from steelie to rallye/styled steel.
*99+ styled steel,accepts center cap
Attached Images

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote