View Single Post
Old 02-08-2012, 11:17 AM   #2
jstplyn331

Re: B's 70 2wd Blazer

Quote:
Originally Posted by tubbedII View Post
The tank wasn't attached in the stock location...it was actually sitting in the tub behind the bench, so I called up Boyd's and had a nice aluminum tank sent out...after installing it and wiring, the gas gauge finally worked too!

The actual plumbing of the filler neck was a chore though...it was over a year ago, but I remember running a T off the vent for a motorcyle check valve to allow the pressure to release as well as a one going back up to the neck for filling. Also, the filler neck off the truck and to the tank were different sizes, so I had to use reducers to get it all to work. It all seems to be ok because I can fill up the tank at the pump without any overflow issues!

Sorry...never took any pics of the tank installed...
Hey I don't know if you have compared, but I have a 2wd also, and it has a very big tank in it right now. Do you know or have you ever checked to see it the 2wd tank is the same as a 4wd? just curious as I am going all out on my 4wd, and will be throwing the 2wd to drive around for the summer to get my fix. I tried to sale it, but decided against it. I have wanted an original for way to long to let it go.