View Single Post
Old 02-09-2012, 12:05 PM   #14
rustbucket66

Re: Canadian Rustbucket 66

I think I should take some pics of the inside of the door before I put it back together. It was a frustrating and time consuming job, and I'm sure any help I could give someone about to do it, would be appreciated. As far as doing it and having the manual crank, that would be hard. As you can probably see, the area where the window crank mounts on the door has been cut out to install the one piece glass and tracks. I think it would be harder than putting the electric units in. The piece would have to be welded back in, and attached to the new glass track somehow. The hole in my door is going to be covered with a piece of flat aluminum. I'm installing elec window switches that have the shaft for your stock window crank, and look original when you put the cover panel on. Just move the handle up or down a little bit to raise or lower the window. Very cool, I think. That way you aren't mounting some square switch somewhere that doesn't look like it belongs. Or having to fill the round hole the original shaft came out of.
rustbucket66 is offline   Reply With Quote