View Single Post
Old 02-14-2012, 02:40 PM   #1
Cue-Ball

Who's running wheel spacers with the stock rallies?

Right now my truck has the stock 8" wide rally wheels on it (1980 SWB). I've lowered it about 3.5" all around and plan to cut another half coil up front to get it right where I want it as far as ride height is concerned. However, as much as I like the look of the ride height I *hate* how narrow the track looks, especially in the rear. I actually bought a set of aluminum slots that are .5" wider and .5" less offset so that they would stick "out" an extra inch over the stock wheels. The new wheels would more or less solve my problem and give me the look I want, but now I'm considering keeping the stock rally wheels instead. It would take a lot less work to get them powder coated and looking like new and I do really dig the stock-but-lowered look.

So, I'm considering keeping the stock wheels and adding a 1" spacer (actually, lug adapter) in the rear. That would push the wheel out an inch and make the rear track wider. It should look similar to what the guys running the 10" wide Wheel Vintiques rallies have, but I'll still have the ability to rotate my tires and I won't have to pay for giant meats on the rear (or the extra fuel they burn).

Has anyone else done this? I've done lots of searches on the forum and it seems like the only guys running spacers/adapters are people with 20"+ wheels that can't get the right offset. Am I the only one bothered by the narrow rear track width?
Cue-Ball is offline   Reply With Quote