View Single Post
Old 02-15-2012, 08:13 PM   #9
JAG66

Re: Who's running wheel spacers with the stock rallies?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cue-Ball View Post
JAG66 - That's just what I wanted to hear. Do you have any pictures of any of your trucks, especially before and afters? How much clearance did you end up having between the tire and inside of the wheel well with the spacer on (and what size tires)? Did you have any problems other than finding lugs that worked well? I know that many drag racing classes require open nuts that let the lugs pass through. I'm thinking those might work well for holding the spacer to the drum, then use the stock lugs for the wheel to spacer.
My drops have all been around 2/4 or 3/4, so never had any issues with rubs at the rear fender lips. I use factory 15 x 8 truck ralleys with BFG T/A 255/70/15's. I also used 7" factory aluminum wheels on an 87.
To check your present clearance, just measure what you've got and see if you've got at least 1" clearance.
The only difficulty I have with the spacer/lug adapters are finding the lug nuts. They have to be low profile enough to fit in the taper and not be above the surface so the wheel only contacts the adapter.
Here are some "after" pictures.
Lowered 3/4 without adapters

Lowered 2/4 with 1" adapters

Before lowering with 1" adapters and 7" aluminum wheels

Lowered 3/4 without adapters

Last edited by JAG66; 02-15-2012 at 08:31 PM.
JAG66 is offline   Reply With Quote