View Single Post
Old 02-16-2012, 04:05 PM   #17
VWNate1

Post Re : Folding Bench Seat for '69 C/10 ?

I rather like this truck , the cheapo 1970's vintage American Racing wagon wheels are scrap and will be gone soon , new tires and all .

I recently found an identical C/10 in a junkyard with the four original 15" steel wheels , I bought them , lucky me it was 1/2 price day so they were $14 each , including the worthless old tires they normally gouge you to either but or pay to have removed .

I sent the wheels off to the powder coater , they're white now as will be both bumpers ere long .

I got lucky and found the 5th stock wheel , for the spare , on a Task Force junker last week , it needs to be bead blasted then painted or powder coated , I have the new LT 28.2" O.D. tires on order , I can hardly wait to get them mounted up .

The trip was fun , as always I had daily tinkering to do , the same day I bought the rig I hit up various .99 Cent Stores and Pick 'N Saves , assembled a basic toolkit and got some lubricants in Foo-Foo cans as the door locks didn't work etc. apparently this old truck spent most of it's life just sitting out on the ranch before the goof ball bought it and proceeded to be mean to it ~ crappy Mechanical works by uncaring or perhaps vicious old rig haters , damaged quite a bit and nothing they did , was done correctly .

As far as I can tell , they installed a rebuilt short block after a rod went through the side of the block , the old head has terribly wobbly valve guides so it smokes a fair bit upon initial startup cold or hot plus smokes on trailing throttle but has zero blowby .

On another forum , I posted daily drive reports , I don't really do the blog thing but many know I'm a Journeyman Mechanic with a special affinity towards InLine engines , especially StoveBolts .

I have a 40 year habit of rescuing junk and driving it home , tinkering and having a swell time , all the way home .

I hope this will be the last ' keeper ' Shop Truck I ever buy as I'm not young anymore .

There ARE NO WINGNUTS on the seats of these trucks ! at least not in the '69 ~ '72 models , I've been checking every one I find in the yards . it has two fixed bolts at each side .

Hopefully Bagger John's seat will be what I need or at least give me the details I need to know .

Does anyone known why I can't post a classified ad ? I have a nice Muncie SM465 tranny for sale dirt cheap .

I'm pretty sure I posted an intro message detailing some of the fun I've had , look for it and ask there , I'll tell you all about the myriad troubles , issues and wrong / damaged parts I've had to fix already .

This is a GREAT TRUCK ! .
'69 C/10 shortbed sidemount survivor 250 L6 W/ 350TH
VWNate1 is offline   Reply With Quote