View Single Post
Old 02-17-2012, 02:33 AM   #20
69c10stepside
Large Member

Re: My 1972 Chevy shortwide build REDUX

Bought a blazer style gas tank, most of the rubber parts needed for the cab and doors/windows.

Been digging up parts that I need to get everything setup in the new cab..

I want to do vintage air, but until I get to that point I guess I will put enough of the original A/C parts in to get some heat. Going to have to buy some of the duct work and new felts and other parts for the vents.

Have a factory tilt column for it, bought a CPP shift linkage kit to go with it, but not done digging things out.

Now for the bad.

The cab that I am going to use is from a '71 truck. That is also the title that I used for this pickup. The current interior door panels on my pickup now are not a '72 style anyways. My best set of doors are for a '72, so I might have to rework some of my other ones for I can get some that would be more "correct". I don't know if I am going to be that concerned with it since so much other stuff is going to be different, but it might be the part that pushes me too much.

On top of that, I was driving the pickup up to the shop to start some of the other work I am going to be doing to it tomorrow and I had a slight problem..

Apparently I forgot to tighten down the lug nuts on the front driver side wheel with my break over after I ran them up snug by hand. No damage done other then the wheel being a bit gouged on one of the holes, nothing I feel that would be an issue though.

Anyways, I am going to be working on it most of the day tomorrow. Hope to post back with something worthwhile being done!

1972 Gmc Jimmy

1972 Chevy C10 SWB Sold
69c10stepside is offline   Reply With Quote