View Single Post
Old 02-17-2012, 04:13 AM   #198
Beelzeburb
Devil's in the Details

Re: Beelzeburb, The Story More Than a Decade in the Making

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1985-GMC View Post
Now THAT is a rope!
I'm trying to subliminally influence my friends to go get stuck so I can try it out.
Quote:
Originally Posted by low'n slow View Post
I love it.
Thanks, it's getting there slowly but surely.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mosesburb View Post
Don't forget a shovel (I have--it turned in to a real bad day because of it).

Also, I don't know if you have used that green water jug much, but on the one I have the vent plug will pop out while driving and water down anything it can get close to--sleeping bags, clothes, etc. May want to tape it down or get water jugs with screw on vent caps.
Some really good pointers there, thanks again Mosesburb. I do have the Max Tool which has a nearly full size shovel head, but I'm still probably going to carry one of the German army surplus folding shovel/pick combos I have because they're so handy. Plus, if you've got two people with shovels it'll speed up pretty much any digging that has to be done. Thank you very much for the observation on the water jug vent plug. I wouldn't have thought of it and on the first trip out the soggy sleeping bag would have been mine for sure. The fuel and water cans were some that'd been in the shed for a while. I've been reading reviews on the Blitz fuel cans and not many people seemed to be real pleased with them (lots of people claim they leak all over), so I might be shopping around for some better liquid containers before too long.