View Single Post
Old 02-18-2012, 09:51 PM   #60
ml68nova

Re: Wreckers are so AWESOME.

As far as insurance goes. I just have liability on mine. Told them its a c30 chevy truck. Hagerty wont touch it. Wont do commercial vehicles.

I turn people down all the time asking for a tow. I started by telling them I dont have insurance to tow, but they seemed to take it personally and said they`ll sign a waver and such. So now I tell them its a sling back and will hurt your car. And that puts an end to the conversation.

Mine is a backup more then anything. Other than towing/lifting things the bed isnt very useful. I worked the **** out of my s10 last year redoing the house, couldnt use the towtruck for any of it.

I`ve been toying with the idea of removing the rigging and making the bed more pickup like. Just havent come up with an idea to make it look good yet.

I love my towtruck. A local body shop bought it new in 72 and kept it local and pushing things around. It only has 19,000miles on it when I bought it. Needed a clutch, driverside window and ditching the 3 piece rims. Got it for $500. still had the orig points, wires and exhaust, brakes....ect ect. The ujoints just gave out. solid no grease fittings. And yes they are original too....lol

Oh and did I mention its in the new Audi commercial?.....I might have said that a few times on here....LOL
ml68nova is offline   Reply With Quote