Thread: 1969 Short Wide
View Single Post
Old 02-21-2012, 11:58 PM   #786
mcbassin
Still Learning

Re: 1969 Short Wide

Quote:
Originally Posted by fakerwade View Post
I feel your pain. I wish there were better fitting patch panels out there. What year of Camaro?
I'm not sure why one of the bigger companies like LMC, Brothers, Classic etc. doesn't invest in quality patch panels? Do they think we wouldn't pay more for panels that fit? and are the correct gauge? Sure it's cool that most are cheap but of all the pieces I used only one was a "good" fit. It was the rear pan patch from LMC not cheap $49+shipping. The next best fits were the cab corners (old school Tabco corners from the 90s)
I would have paid that or more for good fitting front, kick panel, lower pillar, etc. Most parts were tri-plus or key parts.
On the Camaro....I have a 67 and a 68 I'm thinking the 67 will get the knife first....we'll see?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 68 Four on the Floor View Post
He has a 68 that might be coming to my place.....
Sure one of these days I'll sell one or both of them If I do, I guarantee a board member will get first dibbs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nuke1 View Post
Just to make you feel better,the camaro patchesfitbetter, just get the complete panels. But still way better than our trucks!
Thanks James. That gives me hope. I will have a ton of questions when it comes time to order them.
mcbassin is offline   Reply With Quote