View Single Post
Old 02-24-2012, 05:24 PM   #28
1BadAction

Re: just brought home an 88 burb.

Quote:
Originally Posted by YoungBurb88 View Post
Aren't those 700R4's pretty expensive to rebuild? I know trans. work is expensive in general, but my question is directed towards the cost of parts more so.
Parts are cheap, $150 or so for a master rebuild kit with upgraded friction material, $600 for a master kit plus just about every upgrade for a wicked street trans. The expense goes through the roof when you pay a shop to do it or break hard parts.

Look it up on youtube, there are several videos of people building their own. These high volume shops want to make you think it's black magic but it's not. Then again, if I was selling a product for $1500 that took me 4 hours and 200 bucks worth of parts to put together, I'd probably want people to think it was black magic too. lmao.

HP builders are another story, it takes alot of knowledge, experience, and the correct machines to do a reliable race trans.
1BadAction is offline   Reply With Quote