View Single Post
Old 02-26-2012, 04:11 PM   #110
Devillusion

Re: Project: Crew'd Attitude

Considering these wheels......also think I am reverting back to a tan interior. Think it will look more a less period correct and hope to give the seats a worn/patina look as well. Spoke to a buddy of mine who pulls lines with an old school talent. Will add some browns and white and blacks to the dash (that will be crazy) and to a few spots like the hood etc.

Wish I had of ordered tan carpet now instead of grey...and black...lol. Will use the grey in the 4x4 version at a later date. But black will get sold I guess.

The wheels will get brushed with whatever grit works to give the worn/aged look. And might look at putting some GM centercaps on them....we'll see I guess.

Headed out to the shop again this afternoon for a bit, got the axle flip all put away to bed, original perches removed, new ones installed, chassis paint (3 coats) on the differential/drums/and frame. New brake lines to be plumbed tonight I hope, and finish up the rear except for the bolt in notch that I still have to order up. Any suggestions on place to buy from??? Singel wheels are on (factory steelies...looks funny). Frame inside plates made, and bolted in place with grade 8 NF bolts and stove lock nuts to be extra sure. Only had one cab mount give me issues when I had to remove it for the plates....so cut a section in the floor to stabilize the dreaded cab mount nut in place. Figured it was going to happen...

Let me know what you think? I'm starting to lean towards this rendering just because the smoothies are getting played out....not here locally at all, but in general. We'll see what the options are when time comes to that point.

...off to work I go!

1970 Chevelle
1968 Biscayne 2dr post

"...there is no excuse for what I am about to do, but dangit....it's gonna be fun!"
Devillusion is offline   Reply With Quote