View Single Post
Old 02-26-2012, 06:57 PM   #56
dbash

Re: 1972 4x4 Short Bed Project "Seven-Deuce"

Quote:
Originally Posted by yfs200p View Post
So my last post was the patches i was doing on the doors, but i got tired of that. After the welding and patching, those doors will never be the same and i didnt want to deal with the bottoms being wavy. So i sent some of my hard earned greenbacks over to GMC Paul, and got 2 new fenders and 2 new doors. I must say for repop parts, they fit great. The passenger side sits just about perfect, but the drivers side will need some shimming or massaging. Happy to spend time on that rather than cutting out rot.

Also, not sure if i want to use the mirrors i bought from teeitup, they look kind of big and bulky. They are correct for a 72 highlander (which the truck will be) but i might go with the sport mirrors instead. Thoughts?

Dont mind the mess, i need to do a little cleaning in the garage

I hear you on the mirrors being "bulky" I have the same struggle with what I am going to do on my build. I have had the sport mirrors for the last five years though. You have to weigh the lack of vision in the mirror with the bulky look. I go back and forth.... I dont want the bulky look but I dont want to wreck my truck due to lack of vision either and I am not the only one who will drive my truck so I am leaning towards the larger mirrors to protect my family and my investment...... at least today I am :-) good luck with your choice!

Posted via Mobile Device
dbash is offline   Reply With Quote