Thread: Crash's 69 K10
View Single Post
Old 02-27-2012, 04:32 PM   #222
Crash_OK

Re: Crash's 72 K10

Quote:
Originally Posted by mud.man.rj View Post
I have worked on many many cars and trucks, all years and have never seen ujoints not indexed the same, just slid the slip yoke end off and back on so it lines up with the other end then it will balance better.
Thanks mud.man… I agree, but I wanted to make sure. The truck drove really smooth with the drive shafts like this. I will go ahead and change them to the way I believe they should be. If they need to be changed back I will.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 67c10rustbuket View Post
Nice work on the rust removal, man I hate the rust issues on these trucks and the repair panels aren't much help, you doing a great job. amazing how bad some of these parts (don't) fit. Later
Thanks… I have adjusted to the poor fitting panels.. now I look at what is the best way to make it fit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeefyJoeDirt View Post
I just noticed in some of your new pictures that you posted....The cab you are repairing doesn't have a high transmission tunnel hump. Does the original cab? Hopefully youll get lucky and keep the low profile hump and not have clearnace issues. Less work that way...
BeefyJoe.. I have a high hump from the old cab.. I did some measuring, I will need it….

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcbassin View Post
Nice work on the drivers side rust repair Mark. It looks to me you are a pro at this stuff already. It also looks like your floor pan fit pretty good. Not sure about the u-joint indexing? it makes sense to me that that should be indexed a certain way.
Keep it up!
Pro.. is not the word I would use… The floor pan fits because I forced it to fit.. I showed it who the boss is...

Hope you are making good progress on your truck..

Crash's 69 4x4 SWB

Crash's Roof over Lake Home

Crash's 1988 Land Cruiser Build
Crash_OK is offline   Reply With Quote