Thread: My 88 SCSB
View Single Post
Old 02-29-2012, 09:46 PM   #20
Its ShowTime!!

Re: My 88 SCSB

Quote:
Originally Posted by benoit454 View Post
it does when you get the SAS kit, most are made for 4x4 frames but they do have 2wd specific ones, not sure if there's any difference or not.

you doing a SAS, let me ask some questions, what gauges does it have for speedo and does or did it work? I ask because the 88 uses a vss or electric speedo, and the older t-cases use cable or what not. The newer cases with vss also have DS drop axles, not ps like the older gm's.

If you want the speedo to work it costs money for adapters or you can use a mech gauge or what not. The 88-91 burb and blazers have a PS drop np241 that has the vss and would work perfectly, or you can use what you got, but using a PS drop t-case requires trans crossmember custom built or fab work to an old one and alot of it.
They didn't work. I'm gonna put a newer style dash in it like my 96' Tahoe! And I haven't quite figured out how I'm gonna do that swap yet? So if you have any advice on that it be greatly appreciated! This is my learning build I guess you could say lol! Thanks for the info!!
Posted via Mobile Device
Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends. ~Bible, John 15:13

"All men are created equal, then a few become firemen."

!?!?!Go Big Or Go Home!?!?!
Its ShowTime!! is offline   Reply With Quote