View Single Post
Old 03-02-2012, 04:56 AM   #121
Devillusion

Re: Project: Crew'd Attitude

Well, got the axle flip completed, new perches welded on, old ones off, new U bolts, knocked off half the spring pack and left 7 leaves per pack, single wheels on, inner frame plates on and bolted (what a pain), rear frame is painted with chassis paint (3 coats)........then moved on to the front to do the SRW swap, got the rotors off then realized that my donor rotors were pretty much toast. CRAP! So went to order some....my cost at NAPA was $147/rotor, Piston Ring was $130/rotor, and GM was....get this....$900/rotor!!!!!! I kid you not! I had to ask 3 times if that was right...and the parts guy swears that this was the price. I think I pee'd a little when I heard that...I burst out laughing in his ear.

But...on a lighter note, got the AIMCO part number from Piston Ring and looked them up on Rock Auto. Ended up getting a set that they were blowing out (last 2 in stock) for $34.92 each. WHOO HOO! So ordered up 2 of those, some new HD brake pads and with shipping only came to $127.33 TOTAL!!!!

Made me very happy....haahaha.

Tonight ordered up the new carpet (again!) due to deciding on the tan/saddle colored interior. I initially ordered up the grey carpet, and one of the trucks I picked up had brand new black carpet. I'll use the grey carpet on the 4x4 crew/short I plan to build later on and just sell the black stuff I guess. Also ordered up some new door strikers as I noticed mine were pretty worn.

Plumbed new rear hard lines for the brakes as the old ones were pretty brittle and rusted. Just bought the ones with the factory rock guards and bent as needed. Worked out well.

Should have my rebuilt hinges back this coming week, and got a text from my buddy tonight as well that my driveshaft is ready to rock. Shortened it 15" as the tolerances were pretty close when stock and felt the additional inch would be a good direction to go to rectify it. Cost....$52.00!! Was glad to hear that one as well. Now just have to get some new joints and we're golden. Back end is all back together after that and fully functional again. One less thing on my to do list.

...pictures to ensue this weekend.

Plan to tear into the front end again this weekend and get some things painted up, and shorten the front coils another 1/2 coil to drop another inch or so. Hoping that will be enough...I think I took off a 1/2 coil before..going to have to go back on my own thread to be sure...ahhahaha.
1970 Chevelle
1968 Biscayne 2dr post

"...there is no excuse for what I am about to do, but dangit....it's gonna be fun!"
Devillusion is offline   Reply With Quote