View Single Post
Old 03-03-2012, 01:55 AM   #299
Captainfab
60-66 Nut

Re: Disc Brake Upgrade Reference Thread

No I do not know of any threads here on swapping the rear ends. If the leaf spring mounts on your original rear end are rusted, that shouldn't matter since you are changing the rear end. Or are you talking about your U-bolt plates? If so, then just use the ones from the '77. The '77 rear end will bolt right up to your leaf springs. Really no measuring required. The only thing you might have to measure is when changing your shock mounts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudy350 View Post
hey captain fab you wouldnt know from the top of your head a thread thats shows a rear end swap like the one im going todo on my 65 gmc?? the rear end is coming from the 77'' donor. its going to be my first swap and i wanna know what to look out for u know what measuremnts i ned to look out for but my original mounts were my leaf springs are bolted are rusting out were could i find some were i can buy them??? im going to keep the 5 lug bolt pattern.. thanks

this forum rocks !!!!!1
Hydroboost Mounting Plates HERE
Captainfab is offline   Reply With Quote