View Single Post
Old 03-08-2012, 09:05 PM   #102
57picupnewbie
'57 Rosa

Re: My 1957 Chevy Truck "Journey"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ambryatim View Post
Well, I decided that I would take a look at the cab to see how bad it is and how much work it might need.

I have to replace the cab corners and will also have to replace at least the the rockers on the driver side and maybe the step on the passenger side. I started on the driver side and used a 4" cup wire wheel to check the damage and this is what I found.

Driver side...they hit something.

The white vertical stuff is filler.

They used it to fill the gap between the door and the jam!!! Man that is very upsetting.

Passenger side.

Not as much filler but, still not good.

I was trying to catch a shot of the build up...angle is from the bottom looking
up.

Rear of the cab.....I can feel small dings and dents not real major a little hammer and dolly work and it should be good.

Driver "A" pillar section.

I have a question about this area...does it look like it has been repaired or does it look like original???

Looks like I will be getting a 101 class in body work....if any one has pointers on how to tackle these areas and a good technique to use for hammer and dolly work. I am all EARS....cause lord knows I need all the input and pointers I can get. Have read this to get an idea of some of the repairs, but hands on input is greatly appreciated.
The area you are refering to on the "A" Pillar is wher the section was braised at the factory. If you follow that section up toward the roof section right in the top corner you will find another section that is braised where the "A" Pillar and the Roof Panel join.

Only two defining forces have ever died for us: CHRIST died for our salvation and VETERANS died for our freedoms. Glorify CHRIST and thank VETERANs
Dru~ USN Retired
57picupnewbie is offline   Reply With Quote